"How To Draw a Monster" with ALEX PARDEE






Mr. Alex Pardee
Age: 33
Location: San Rafael, CA. Just north of San Francisco. The only place you can realistically say “George Lucas, Robin Williams, and Metallica walk into a bar” and it might be true.

Years Doing Posters: I guess it depends. I made pretend posters for years but my first real gig was in 2004 for “The Used/My Chemical Romance” tour. So i guess about 5 years.
Favorite Poster / Art Print You’ve Done: My “Escaped Conviction” giclee that was put out by my art/clothing company, Zerofriends. It was just insane that the colors were able to pop that much on a print.

All-time Favorite Poster / Art Print that Someone Else Did: James Jean’s “TOY MAKER” Print. And as a bonus, every Converge poster that Horkey has done.


Music Currently In Rotation: The new CAGE album, “Depart From Me” which no one else has yet but they will be blown away when it comes out. I can’t stop listening to it. I’m working on all of the art for it right now.
Last Print, Poster, or Toy Bought: A vintage “Dragon’s Lair” arcade poster.

Art Hanging On Your Walls: They don’t allow me to hang art here in the mental hospital.
Upcoming Stuff: Still working on my CHADAM animated series with WB, should be out soon. And I have a new vinyl toy called the “Walrus Rider” Coming out through Upper Playground soon too. And as always, new shirts and prints through zerofriends. And look for some dope zerofriends collabs with me and some other artists soon too!

Words of Wisdom: Don’t shit in public bathrooms that don’t lock. Especially at crowded truck stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment